Department - Environmental Health
DIVISION OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH
BOARD OF HEALTH SUMMARY REPORT
HOME LOAN / SEPTIC PROGRAM:
New loan inspections evaluated were two (02).
Pre-Existing Loan inspections evaluated were twenty-nine (29), this is the same number of loans inspected for the year to date as in 2012.
Residential septic permits issued were fourteen 14).
Commercial septic permits issued were two (02).
Repair septic permits issued were three (03), a decrease of two (02) as compared to the same time period in 2012.
Septic inspections were twenty-one (21), an increase of twenty-two (22) as compared to the same time period in 2012.
Plats, Subdivisions, Zone Changes and Variances Reviews:
Staff reviewed twelve (12) Cheyenne and Laramie County Site Plans.
FOOD SERVICE PROGRAM:
Food Service Establishment Plan Reviews:
Food Establishments – Opening/Closing:
- Growing Together – 1311 S Arp Ave.
- Anong’s Thai Cuisine – 620 Central Ave.
- YMCA After School – 3705 Cheyenne St.
- Lil Dreamers Daycare – 5702 E 14th St.
- The Coffee Cabin – 2634 Dell Range Blvd.
******All closings were due to a change in ownership or voluntary closures ******
Food Service Inspections:
Food Service Regular Inspections: 41. Total inspections were 48.
Itinerant (temporary) food service permits issued: 11. Issued for the year: 24.
Itinerant Inspections: 0.
Day Care Inspections: nineteen (19).
School Food Service Inspections: nineteen (19).
Bed & Breakfast Inspections: 0.
COMMUNICABLE DISEASE INVESTIGATION:
Staff investigated two (2) communicable disease reported cases.
Staff inspected nine (09) swimming pools, spas, or similar installations in March.
No activity for the month.
MASSAGE & BODY ART:
No new massage or body art establishments were licensed this month. Two (02) new massage therapists were licensed in the month of March.
- Gary Hickman attended: Staff (3), BOH, EPI, Division Directors, County Commissioners Budget, City Budget, State EPI (3), City Council, County Commissioners Agenda and County Commissioners Meeting.
- Roy Kroeger attended: Staff (4), Division Directors (2), PERT, Mayors Staff, NEHA Certificate Oversight, Partnership for Food Protection and HealthSpace Meeting (2).
- Beth Wood attended: Staff Meeting.
- Terri Leichtweis attended: Staff, WEHA Board, WEHA AEC, Superday and HealthSpace Meeting.
- Jennifer Escobedo attended: Staff (4), HealthSpace, City Meeting (2), Oil and EPI Meeting.
- Amie Merwin attended: Staff (4) and Superday Meeting.
- Tiffany Gaertner attended: Staff, GIS, WEHA AEC and WEHA Board Meeting.
- Terri Leichtweis, Jennifer Escobedo, Amie Merwin and Tiffany Gaertner participated in the Home & Garden Show.
- Gary Hickman presented a power point on WMMA Reporting an Adverse Incident.
- Roy Kroeger conducted a presentation of “I am environmental Health” at CSU.
- Gary Hickman attended WCMVCA and WMMA.
Approximately (39) water samples were drawn for March. (35) were satisfactory. (04) were unsatisfactory.
Director attended WCVMCA and WMMA. 2013 EIMG application submitted. Power Point presentation to the WMMA on reporting an adverse incident.
Staff inspected two (2) fireworks stands in March
PUBLIC HEALTH COMPLAINT PROGRAMS:
Public Health Complaints:
13 Complaints Filed
02 Complaints Abated
04 Active & Pending
07 Inspected with No Further Action Taken
0 Referred to Other Agencies
Gary M. Hickman, Director
Division of Environmental Health
Cheyenne-Laramie County Health Department
Back to Top