- Life-long Laramie County resident.
- 4-H, FFA, and International Farm Youth Exchange Delegate(IFYE) to Costa Rica (stayed with 13 families, 6 months).
- Cheyenne High School Graduate, University of Wyoming (animal science, agricultural mechanics, agricultural business).
- Rancher/Farmer for 50+ years. Partner if Holmes Herefords (raised and marketed Registered Hereford cattle).Current owner of R Bar H Ranch.
- Organized and first President of Laramie County Stockgrower's.
- Member and 2nd Vice-President of Wyoming Stockgrower's Association.
- Vice Chairman of the Evaluation Committee of the Beef Board and helped combine the two Beef Associations into the National Cattlemen's Beef Association.
- Helped pass the nation-wide $1 Beef Check-off in Wyoming as a member of the Beef Council.
- Member and Chairman of the Cheyenne-Laramie County Planning Commission.
- Appointed to Wyoming State Land Use Committee and helped write Wyoming's first State Land Use Plan. Appointed by Laramie County Commissioners to Chair the Committee that developed and wrote Laramie County's first Land Use Plan, most of which is still in effect today.
- Chairman of Frontier Conservation District. Helped organize a county-wide District and passed the first voluntary mill levy for conservation in a county in the state of Wyoming.
- Served on Laramie County Weed and Pest Board.
- Selected to speak at a National Symposium on Land Development in Minneapolis, MN.
- Appointed by President Bush and President Clinton as the Wyoming Representative to the National Beef Board (Beef Its Whats for Dinner).
- CFD Volunteer.
- Life member of the NRA.
- Volunteer of Laramie County Fire District #2 for 10 years. Attained rank of Lt. and Capt.
- Elected to Board of LCFD #2 and Vice-President of Board and selected Firefighter of the Year 2002.
- Serve as a Commissioner liaison to the Cheyenne Chamber of Commerce, Cheyenne Animal Shelter, Cheyenne City Council, Downtown Development Authority, Southeast Wyoming Economic Development, Joint Powers Board.
- Member of WCCA and on Nominating Committee;and NACO serving on the Agricultural Committee.
Married to Eva Jeanne (Olson) Holmes from Albin. 2 Daughters and 6 grandchildren.
310 W. 19th St., Suite 300
Cheyenne, WY 82001