Untitled Document
Stay Informed

Join Our
Email List

For Email Marketing you can trust

Untitled Document Untitled Document

FAQ’s....Frequently Asked Questions
Untitled Document


(Q) Do I need a permit for an accessory building or pole barn? 
(A) Yes, if the structure is greater than 120 square feet and not on a permanent foundation, then you will need to obtain a Residential Accessory Building permit and have inspections. There are some exceptions for Agricultural Buildings on Agrigultural Land-please contact our office so that we may determine if you are taxed Ag.

(Q) Do I need Engineered Foundation plans for a pole barn?
(A) If your pole barn is for Residential use, and is wood construction, then you are not required to have Engineered Foundation Plan. All metal construction buildings required Stamped Engineered Plans from a Wyoming Engineer.

(Q) Can I do the work myself as the homeowner?
(A) Yes, you can do any and all work as the homeowner providing that all items are built in accordance with the adopted building code.  You will need to obtain permits and have inspections. 

(Q) Do I need a permit to install a personal wind turbine at my home?
(A)  Yes, we require that you obtain a Residential Small Wind permit and have inspections.

(Q) Do I have to have a permit to move my mobile/modular/manufactured home?
(A) Yes, you will need to obtain a Manufactured Home Permit from our office and have inspections. Additionally, if the home is 20 years old or older, we will have to do a pre-inspection prior to issuing a permit to set it at the new location. There are different requirements for setting a home in a park than there are for setting a home on private land. Please contact our office at (307) 633-4512 to discuss the specific situation.

(Q) Do I need a permit to finish my basement?
(A) Yes, you do need a permit and inspections to finish your basement. The processing time is usually fairly minimal for this type of permit.

(Q) How long do I have to wait to have for an inspection?
(A) At this time, we require a minimum of 24 hours notice for most inspections. If we can perform the inspection sooner, we certainly will.  Generally, it’s best if you call 24-48 hours in advance.

(Q) Can I start work once I turn in my permit?
(A) No, please wait until you have your issued permit in hand prior to starting any work.

(Q) How long will it take to get my permit issued?
(A) While the length of time for a plan review varies based on the complexity of the project, you can expect to have your permit issued within 7-14 business days from the time we receive the complete application package.

(Q) How long is my permit good for?
(A) Permits are valid for 1 year from the date of issuance providing that an inspection has been logged into our system within the first 6 months (180 days).

(Q) Are there restrictions on how close I can build on my property?
(A) Maybe, it depends on where the property is located. Some portions of Laramie County are zoned and others are not. It's best to call us with your address and we will look your property's zoning up and let you know what the "set-backs" are.

(Q) Do I need a permit for any of the following: roofing, siding, windows, electrical work?
(A) The Laramie County Commissioners voted that the following work is exempt from needing permits and inspections: Roofing of a non-structural nature, Siding, and Windows that are replacing a same-size window (the header is not changing). All Electrical work shall have a permit and inspections.

Search Engine Builder Professional -- Search this site

Website Design by Wyoming Network, Inc.