The Motor Vehicle Department collects sales and use tax and issues license plates and registration documents for motor vehicles. For added convenience to taxpayers, we also perform other functions through agreements with the responsible agencies. The following is a listing of most functions of the office:
- Collects sales and use tax on motor vehicle purchases
- Collects other sales and use tax as necessary to comply with other regulations (i.e. on boats, ATV's and snowmobiles)
- Issues license plates and corresponding vehicle registration documents
- Issues temporary registrations for non-residents and newly transferred vehicles
- Issues temporary worker decals to out of state workers
- Issues 48 hour In-transit permits
- Selling Agent for ORV and Snowmobile Decals.